Friday, May 13, 2011

Annoyingness

I volunteer to referee soccer games sometimes.  I did something like 50 games in the past year.  I volunteer to referee a tournament this weekend, but my availability is limited to only saturday before 2:30.  So of course I only get 1 game at 12:00.  I usually get 5 games or more a day at tournaments.  I've even done as many as 8.  So then when I try to get extra games because I don't want to waste my time, I don't look at the date and don't see that the games are on Sunday.  So I hurriedly decline them and get a nasty letter from my assignor telling me that she should take the game I have away.  And you know, I declined putting out my availability to other tournaments because of this one...something tells me it was a waste of my time.  Oh well.  I'll just referee my one game this week and not get tired at all.

~another musing of the ill-informed~

No comments:

Post a Comment