Monday, May 30, 2011

Paradise

I recently watched Up, a movie that shouldn't make you sad but it does.  The guy is sitting in his house/Ellie right next to Paradise Falls, the almost exact place he wanted to end up in life.  He had reached his goal.  And yet he was sad.  Because somehow he knew that it wasn't right.  He happens upon Ellie's adventure book once again.  And finally turns past "What I'm Going to Do" and sees what her Paradise Falls is.  And he realizes that he's been there all along.  For as shy as Carl is, his true paradise is in his relationships.  Which is interesting.  Because Carl will run away from any relationship he could possibly encounter and tries to push everyone and everything away from him, trying to create a bubble around him. I'm not sure why this is.  Nothing happened in his life, as far as I know, that would make him like this from the start.  It just doesn't make sense.  And here I thought I was going to write about how paradise is all around us, we just don't know where to look.

~another musing of the ill-informed~

No comments:

Post a Comment