Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Quote Qwednesday

"I would let the world be rent in half before I could sing with any woman but you."    
-Archangel by Sharon Shinn 
I write down a lot of quotes like this, then I go back and think that I must be stupid to think that that one was special.  I guess maybe they all are.  I just wrote this one because at the time I wished someone would feel that way about me.  Well, maybe not the world splitting part, but perhaps if I was that self-centered.  Maybe I am.  Not entirely sure about everything I am yet.  But anyway, I guess the set-up was so well done that I just had to write this one down.  And it kind of sort of applies to me ever-so-slightly.  So here you go.  A man who would rather let the world "go to hell" than be with someone other than his beloved.  I wish I could find mine, but how do I know who to look for or where to look?  I have a poem about this written recently.  Also a review of the book this came from and why I don't really enjoy talking about books I read that often.  Maybe I will actually post these instead of being lazy like I did with the Phantom posts I mentioned back in January.  (They're written, I'm just too lazy to put them on here)  But we're all human.  Though sometimes I almost wish I weren't.  I'm working on that.
Going to put a note on here about writing about how humans are so limited they can't even think about something they were previously thinking of when something else comes to mind.  This is one of the reasons I feel my body fails me.
~another musing of the ill-informed~

No comments:

Post a Comment