Saturday, February 19, 2011

Haven't been on this for awhile...

...but I'm back now.  Sort of.  I'll be out for a little bit next week.  Somehow the pageview number jumped for a little bit.  I've been really busy, so maybe it becomes ironic that that is when people choose to look or not look at this thing.  Finished the next book in the original Ender series.  I'm sort of going through them all again and writing down ideas at the end.  I can't write while I read.  It messes up the mood and everything.  I use A LOT of paperclips.  I'll take a picture sometime.  The current one had to do with foreign species and their underdevelopment and reliance on a virus for their well-being that is sometimes harmful to humans.  It is really interesting.  Also giving the books to a friend who is just reading them for the first time, which is really exciting.  Gives me a lot of good things to think about.  All the characters are just so deep.  Which got me thinking?  Why are all the characters in the stories highly intelligent?  It is his world and everything, but is everybody really intelligent?  I'm starting to think that there are people who are a whole lot more intelligent than you would think.  Which is completely new mindset for me.  Sort of.  I mean, there are a lot of smart people, but some of them hide it really well.  At least that is what it seems like to me.

~another musing of the ill-informed~

1 comment:

  1. Hey, that friend is me! I think either Card is just focusing on the intelligence, as he (like some people I know) do not like dealing with the masses of the ill-informed (haha) or hopelessly close-minded. Either that, or he is an optimist through and through, because everybody is gifted, some people just choose not to open the package.

    ReplyDelete