Wednesday, July 13, 2011

I guess it is a Wednesday...

"you can't possibly know the truth about someone unless you love them."
                              -Speaker of the Dead, Orson Scott Card, page 312

Of this I'm not so sure.  I suppose so, if you truly love them.  But it can't just be you wanting to love them.  It has to be both of you working together.  To think that love is created by two, not one, for if it were one would it even be love at all?  Just kinda chose this offa my list.  But I guess in order to know all the truth about someone, yes, you must love that person to get so deeply involved in their idiosyncricies.  I think at this point Ender is talking about someone who really doesn't like him, but he doesn't really mind.  Maybe I'm wrong, but I don't feel like checking.  So yes, you can't know the true truth about someone unless you love them enough to see it yourself.

Happy Quote Quednesday!

~another musing of the ill-informed~

No comments:

Post a Comment