Saturday, July 16, 2011

Same much

I was thinking last night and forgot a coupla things.  Time for more bullets.
  • One of my friends complained about previews being too long.  For some reason, my previews were uncharacteristically short.  Less than 10 minutes, I believe 3 movie previews.  I was surprised.
  • The movie screen was pixellated.  This upset me greatly.  It was an IMAX theatre and I get pixellated crap at certain parts?  Unbelievable.  I looked at their set-up a little bit and they were reflecting the projector through a sheet of something to get on the screen?  I'm not sure what that is all about.  Please!  Some clarification?
  • Goyle was replaced by Blaise Zabini in the room of requirement broom/fire sequence
  • I didn't really perceive Bellatrix as laughing when she was killed by Mrs. Weasley.  It would have worked if they cut in the sequence of Sirius dying and then have her die the same way or something.  A Scott Pilgrim-esque type of thing would have worked here...
  • I did like how they made the epilogue characters still recognizable by using the same actors.  Now my problems with that sequence.
  • Why did you include Malfoy if you aren't going to include Ron's quip about Rose beating Scorpius on every test?
  • Also would've enjoyed Ron's driving comments.
  • Hermione didn't really talk at all.
  • They didn't mention Professor Neville and Luna
  • Now for the Snape memory sequence.  Firstly, who was that girl with Lily when she has the flower in her hand?  You don't know, do you?  Well, if you read the book you would know that it is Aunt Petunia.  Surprised?  Thought so.
  • Again, no school scenes.  You don't really get the idea of the relationship of Snape and Lily.  You get the smallest inkling, but it was better than that.  It was actually my favorite sub-plot.  So I was upset when they ruined it.
So, again, they included many of the things that happened in the book but not enough details for those things to truly make sense.  As usual, I was expecting more.  It WAS a nice Friday night activity.  But I wasn't blown away like I should have been.  Why are humans so adept at taking the bad things out of everything? 

~another musing of the ill-informed~

No comments:

Post a Comment